Sunday, January 23, 2011

Something Old, Something New



Something NEW:
This is something I've been working on.....figuring out how to get my work on a lamp. After trial and error, I created this handmade lampshade with my work on it. I'm hoping to offer it for purchase soon. Hopefully, people will enjoy it! And, a little Q&A I recently did.

I've been into cardboard taxidermy so I decided to make my own deerhead. I created my own template, (which was really challenging!), cut foam core, then tore out the pages of a really old, yellowed book to cover the pieces with.

Something OLD:
I came across this old piece I did a few years back while I was sitting in on a "Graphic Design for Entertainment" class. This was based off Tom Waits' song "Big Joe and Phantom 309." Obviously, I was totally out of my element in this class and this was my attempt at the entertainment style.

6 comments:

M said...

Let me know when this is on sale! I would love one!!!!

Mariann Johansen-Ellis said...

The lamps are wonderful, and your imagination is awesome! Congratulations.....:o) Mariann

Anna See said...

Thank you for all your kind comments, encouragement and support! :)

Mauricio Abril said...

Hey Anna! The lamps are beautiful!!! Really! And how funny, I was in the graphic design class when you did that, lol.

WantVSO said...

The lamps look great!

Anna See said...

Thank you! I appreciate all the positive response to the lamp :)

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...