Tuesday, March 13, 2012

City Blossoms

























Some pro bono work (thank you cards) I did for City Blossoms - an amazing nonprofit organization based in Washington D.C. that helps give inner city kids access to green spaces and an opportunity to use their creativity, garden and grow. I wish my schools had one of these when I was growing up!

Sometimes I think I cannot contribute as much as say, a nurse, or teacher, but I do think the arts and culture are influential, impactful, and important and it's truly important to nurture creativity especially when young, before the world sucks it out of us as we grow older. :) If you'd like to learn more about this wonderful and unique organization started by two girls when they were in high school (?!) go here:
http://cityblossoms.org/

No comments:

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...